[Requesting Feedback] geProtocol's extensive REQUEST library

Game Editor comments and discussion.

[Requesting Feedback] geProtocol's extensive REQUEST library

Postby 420foxbot » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:49 am

Hey Guys,
I have added a potentially very useful function to geProtocol. This system is called the "REQUEST" system.
Essentially, as a game developer, you will execute a (method?) on OM, which will create a REQUEST for geP to fulfill.
An example of this is our "SPEAK" command.
A demo of this system in function is found here.
(Obviously you will not need to be creating files and pasting them into the geP directory, however in how I am testing locally)

This REQUEST system is capable of virtually anything, I could probably run a linux distribution inside of it if I wanted to. (No I won't do that)

I am reaching out to you, the game development community, in regards to what functions would be desired for this.
Just let me know if you want anything added, and me and bat will work to ensure it is added and functional.

~420foxbot, geprotocol dev~
420foxbot

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: [Requesting Feedback] geProtocol's extensive REQUEST lib

Postby bat78 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 am

Functions.
"C" as a procedural programming language does not lie on the OO logics.

The REQUEST is designed to greatly improve the gaming experience and give it a whole lot of abstraction.
Furthermore, it increases the power by increasing the faculty and aptness of the engine.
The very first intervention of the REQUEST was initially the only usage of "DELETE".
Gradually we found it for handy and decided to transpose the MP feature's variety into the REQUEST system and use it as elevator.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby speckford123 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:43 pm

It's hard to think of what would be good additions to this system.
It's probably a case of when people finally get to use the protocol, they'll have a better idea of what they can't do with it and have ideas.

It's amazing to see all the functionality that's being added to it as you both progress.
I'll definitely come back to you if I think of something, right now I'm drawing a blank, I'm getting overwhelmed by the concept of 'anything' :lol:
speckford123

Score: 49 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:16 am

speckford123 wrote:It's hard to think of what would be good additions to this system.
It's probably a case of when people finally get to use the protocol, they'll have a better idea of what they can't do with it and have ideas.

It's amazing to see all the functionality that's being added to it as you both progress.
I'll definitely come back to you if I think of something, right now I'm drawing a blank, I'm getting overwhelmed by the concept of 'anything' :lol:

This is exactly what I told him too, but it seem'd like he NEEDED more things to work on.
So he is probably quite familiar with this fact. It is for any case, because it could happen people to come up with a pretty significant REQUEST idea.
(Very unlikely though - because I already informed him of the engine's reversible constraints and REQUEST handles nearly 98% of all of them)
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General