Sprite Images

How to find or create sprites, graphics, sounds and music.

Sprite Images

Postby BlenderFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Nightmare_Sword.png
The sword picture contained in the .zip file you can download here

So I'm officially starting to work on a real game now, and I need a quick bit of information. I created a model in blender, took several images to make it appear as though he's walking, then edited all the images to make the background invisible. All simple enough for me (just took me a long time!). I've uploaded the image files (as well as some concept art and a sword picture from the game!) here, but there's a problem...
I REALLY don't want to have to upload multiple files for every animation - especially since it only plays them based on their name, and I would have to go through and rename them so that they'd all come out in the perfect order, and that can take forever. I made a .png image with the walk forward, left, right, and backward animations (this game will be in top-view) all in a row, nine frames per animation, and then I included some of the original shots. But if anyone has any idea as to how I can set the animation so that it will play a certain PIECE of the file (first frame of the animation) and then loop when reaching another part, that would be really useful! I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself properly, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want all my animations on one file (already done) and then I want it to work as if I had multiple files in GE.
Each frame is 150X150
Thanks and I hope you like my artwork! ;) Let me know if this is possible and if so how I can do it. If I wasn't clear enough let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit more clearly.. :P
Attachments
Uploads.zip
This zip file contains 3/9 full images for the main character (Kai)'s forward walk cycle, one png containing each frame for the walk/run cycle, two copies of game artwork (one for the GP2X, another sized for the PC), and one picture of the Nightmare Sword. If any of these are used, give credit where it is do. Do NOT claim my artwork is your own.
(743.03 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Last edited by BlenderFreak on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's not much there yet, but you can find information on my current projects here.

https://sites.google.com/site/darkst3am/
BlenderFreak

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Re: Sprite Images

Postby Toasterman » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 pm

I put all my animations in one file (in ms paint) and then use "add sequence" to specify say,
frames 1-6 for running right,
frames 7-12 for running left,
etc

they function as separate "animations", but you only need the one file loaded :D

Is this what you meant?
"If there are no stupid questions, what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask a question? -Scott Adams

Hey! I've got okayish internet now! Now I can try all those cool demos I've seen!
Toasterman

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby BlenderFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Hm it might be - I'll try it out and see if it works! thanks
There's not much there yet, but you can find information on my current projects here.

BlenderFreak

Postby BlenderFreak » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Ah, problem solved! :D Thanks, Toasterman! :idea: ;)

BlenderFreak

Postby Toasterman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:02 am

no problem, happy to have helped :D
"If there are no stupid questions, what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask a question? -Scott Adams

Hey! I've got okayish internet now! Now I can try all those cool demos I've seen!
Toasterman

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Return to Game Resources