Anyone on Pixeljoint?

Anything that doesn't belong in the other forums.

Anyone on Pixeljoint?

Postby Turon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Most of my latest GE projects make use of Pixel Art visuals which I found to work best for me. But I found that just like a Game Disigner pixel artists cannot survive in a vacuum, so I found this site called Pixeljoint which is full of tutorials, galleries and a forum.
I know Pyrometal had an account on pixeljoint but I don't know what his username was, but are there any active game editor users with accounts on the pixeljoint?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Re: Anyone on Pixeljoint?

Postby digiot » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Yeah, great resource there, but why do you want to know, who is there from here ?
Just register there, and look for new contacts !

Cheers!
digiot

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Have you ever seen "Gelman" and "Mazeman"? those games where made my a GE user with the username "Pyrometal" and according to his profile he has/had an account on pixeljoint.
Turon

Postby digiot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Yes, Gelman, Mazeman and also Lcls Dimension55355 are nice, little games, but I don't
want to see them on a HD-screen !
If you want to contact Pyrometal, maybe you can PM him here, or search on Facebook
for him.

Cheers!
digiot

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:46 am

Turon wrote:I know Pyrometal had an account on pixeljoint but I don't know what his username was

pyrometal's username on pixeljoint was pyrometal.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby pyrometal » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Yes it is!

Haven't posted anything on there in forever (4 years) but I still do browse the that site almost every day. (Btw, my stuff sucks, so don't check it out :P)

Talk about coincidences, but I haven't checked up on this community for 3 months, and the first post I read coming on here today talks about me! Even weirder still is that I was just getting myself in the mood for pixeling again and so happens to be the topic of this conversation! I have a bit of concept art for a potential game I wanna make, a JRPG this time.

Kalladolf and Jimmynewguy were also on pixeljoint but they are not active very active users.

Turon, I've added you as a buddy on the site, feel free to do the same!
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Score: 86 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:24 pm

pyrometal wrote: (Btw, my stuff sucks, so don't check it out :P)

Have more confidence in your work. Don't be ashamed. It's 10x better than mine.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Hey now that you're here Pyro, was Gelman meant to be a metroidvania type platformer Akin to Cave Story perhapse?
Maze-man was really cool cause of its gravity fliping mechanic, you're maze-man predates the more famous VVVVVVs,
was VVVVVV inspired from Maze-man?
Turon

Postby pyrometal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Yes, Gelman would have been a metroidvania style game had I continued developing it. Ultimately, I stopped developing it mostly because I found making the art for the game way too long and hard with the skill I had back then. Also the code was getting very hard to manage since it was poorly organized.

As for VVVVVV, I have no idea if Mazeman had any influence. I had made another prototype game written in C using Allegro 5 based on the ideas in Mazeman, but I didn't get too far with it.

I'm notorious for not finishing projects :P

How come you haven't posted any pixel art on Pixel Joint? I remember seeing a thread on the forums a while back when you were working on your current avatar.
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Postby Turon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:17 am

How does that Gallery thing work? But I'm not sure if any of my pixel-art is ready yet, but it will be.
And I see you haven't made any posts on the forum yet.
Turon

Postby pyrometal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:52 pm

You have to submit your pixel art and it sits in the public queue for a while awaiting acceptance into the gallery. Use the following link:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/submit_icons.asp

Never posted on the forum mostly because I didn't think I had anything meaningful to contribute. That may change though.
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Return to Other