RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby 247wkman » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 am

THIS AWESOME! this would be so useful
make games in hi resolution- you can then have your view in actual size to enjoy the graphics- but can pull out to see what you are doing.
This would make terrain assessment much easier and if you can switch to controlling the view- you effectively have sniper zoom!
Best of all- if you made a fighter game- you would not have to be trapped by the screen if characters move apart from each other.
247wkman
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:55 pm
Score: 3 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby lcl » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm

247wkman wrote:THIS AWESOME! this would be so useful
make games in hi resolution- you can then have your view in actual size to enjoy the graphics- but can pull out to see what you are doing.
This would make terrain assessment much easier and if you can switch to controlling the view- you effectively have sniper zoom!
Best of all- if you made a fighter game- you would not have to be trapped by the screen if characters move apart from each other.

Thanks dude! :D Hope you can use it in some your game! :D
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby luckyshot29 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 pm

how can I use MouseDown on this? I can't do MouseDown on Canvas. I have a button inside a canvas but I cannot click it. help! :)
luckyshot29
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 pm
Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:53 pm

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
this would be useful for IOS and android phones or tablets :)
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 pm

you might even find out how to make 3D Games :P
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby Lacotemale » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 am

Really great contribution! Thanks lcl! :)
User avatar
Lacotemale
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: /home
Score: 7 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby lcl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
this would be useful for IOS and android phones or tablets

Yes, I was thinking about iOS and Android when making this, too. Only problem seems to be that Game Editor's
canvas drawing functions are way too heavy for mobile devices, which results in game running very slowly if there is
something being drawn on a canvas. :/ Thanks anyway! :)

knucklecrunchgames wrote:you might even find out how to make 3D Games :P

Certain kind of 3D surely is possible with (and even without) canvas in Game Editor. For example see these topics:
:D

Lacotemale wrote:Really great contribution! Thanks lcl!

Thanks to you! :D
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

lcl wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
this would be useful for IOS and android phones or tablets

Yes, I was thinking about iOS and Android when making this, too. Only problem seems to be that Game Editor's
canvas drawing functions are way too heavy for mobile devices, which results in game running very slowly if there is
something being drawn on a canvas. :/ Thanks anyway! :)

knucklecrunchgames wrote:you might even find out how to make 3D Games :P

Certain kind of 3D surely is possible with (and even without) canvas in Game Editor. For example see these topics:
:D

Lacotemale wrote:Really great contribution! Thanks lcl!

Thanks to you! :D


cool thanks dude
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby RippeR7420 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

I have been playin around with this, and I must say, AWESOME.

I did a little bit of tweaking on it by adding a filled region actor that will "zoom" the "camera" in and out when the player hits it.
Which is pretty nifty when your player is going through like a tunnel or something.

You could do some amazing stuff with this, I'm most impressed!

+1 :D
CURRENT PROJECTS:

-Olo: The Sword Shaman http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12919

-The Wrath of Blob: (On the back burner)

-StickMcGee - Blast to the Future http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13660
User avatar
RippeR7420
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah.
Score: 23 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby lcl » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 pm

RippeR7420 wrote:I did a little bit of tweaking on it by adding a filled region actor that will "zoom" the "camera" in and out when the player hits it.
Which is pretty nifty when your player is going through like a tunnel or something.

Cool! :)
RippeR7420 wrote:You could do some amazing stuff with this, I'm most impressed!
+1 :D

Thanks! =) I wish you find it useful!
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:52 pm

I will give this a try soon, thanks LCL. This is very promising in regards to rescaling a game for a smaller screen, such as on a smartphone or something like that, without having to rebuild the entire game.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby lcl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Zivouhr wrote:I will give this a try soon, thanks LCL. This is very promising in regards to rescaling a game for a smaller screen, such as on a smartphone or something like that, without having to rebuild the entire game.

One thing though is that you still have to export it separately, since you can change the resolution only in Game Editor, not in the game itself.
This system is just for making it easier to export those different-resolution versions.
One downside is that smartphones won't be able to use this, since this requires a canvas actor, and currently canvas actors cause a lot lag on mobile devices.
But I hope it's useful to you anyway.

The easiest way to utilize this system is to build your game with this from the start.
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 am

Okay, thanks for that info LCL. 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby Turon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 am

Initially I didn't see what use this program had but something just him me, If I wanted to make a retro game I'd make it in a small resolution but smal resolutions are so small on a modern computer screen.

What if I could use RESOLUTIONARY to scale up the visuals! Like you know AXRIA retro world? The comments complain about how small the screen appears on thier monitor well JamesLeonard can go reverse engineer this widget to have his game appear bigger on the computer screen!
Last edited by Turon on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
what should I put here?
kikiiscoolhi
User avatar
Turon
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: In Your Imagination
Score: 31 Give a positive score

Re: RESOLUTIONARY v1.0 - game scaler by lcl

Postby lcl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:35 am

Yes, that was the idea of this project :)

However, with GE 1.4.1 soon being published, there won't be need for this anymore, as skydereign has added screen scaling and resolution changing to GE.
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Demos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest