Tablic

Talk about making games.

Tablic

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:54 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 05, 2015
2:54 AM (UTC+1)
Pančevo, Serbia


Hi!

Finally, here's the Tablić Early Demo.
I thought I will finish it earlier and it will be fully functional, but unfortunately, that's not the case. However, I couldn't wait any longer and I wanted to show you guys what I've done until now and how actually this game looks.

Some features don't work and others need to be added.
This early demo has bugs:
- game might shut down (usually happens after two decks have been used)
- game might not end when a pair (player) has needed score
- some cards might not show its real value
- don't play until all cards move to its positions
- cards might not be turned in proper direction
- if there are more than 8 cards on talon the game might freeze
- I've noticed one more bug, when computer opponent has more cards than the others, it doesn't get 3 award points
- ...

Features that will be added:
- music
- keyboard shortcuts for: result, cards, options, sound, music, animation, main menu, new game, exit
- adjust sound and music volume
- collected cards will show when you click on your deck
- instructions (how to play)
- statistics
- difficulty
- one more deck (cards more similar to standard / classic cards)
- how would look all cards from the chosen deck
- short explanation for every choice in main menu and options

Do you think I could add a pointer to currently active player, like some arrow?

Source code needs some "polishing".
Winner needs 101 points, but in this early demo it is set to 20, so you can finish game earlier. It can be adjusted in Options.
Despite all flaws I hope you'll test this game, enjoy it and leave feedback and suggestions.

Tablic Early Demo Trailer

source (ged and data files)
Windows executable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 21, 2015
7:34 PM (UTC+1)
Belgrade, Serbia


Some new features are added.

First, in Options you can change names of players.

Second, I've added mini-menu instead of six icons during gameplay. This is the way I've made it: How to make a menu. I've thrown out Pause, because there's no much use of it, game is not that dynamic that it requires Pause.
To access mini-menu, mouse-over small triangle in lower-right bottom.
http://i.imgur.com/HNHrHfe.png
Here's the mini-menu: http://i.imgur.com/xwgEN7P.png
You can select:
- RESULT/CARDS - still only a button, it has no function yet; there's still too much work on card game to make this selection functional
- OPTIONS - for now it has only one option http://i.imgur.com/2UE3Q1P.png, it is not available in Options on main menu, and will be only available option on mini-menu when I publish the first demo
- NEW GAME
- MAIN MENU
- EXIT
These three selections pop "Are you sure?" window.

After I do some work on gamepay, I'll publish demo, which should be pretty soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, April 19, 2015
7:48 PM (UTC+1)
Pančevo, Serbia


Today I've been working a lot, but it seems like little has been done.
Unfortunately six icons in bottom left corner, present during gameplay, needed to be removed. I'll make drop-down, or more precise, jump-up menu.
Instead of five decks there are three new, made by myself in mspaint.
Image
Opponent's cards are turned downside and player's name and score are visible. http://i.imgur.com/8NQH3qs.png
Gameplay has been improved.

There's still some work to be done before first demo is released.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2015
10:08 PM (UTC+1)
Pancevo, Serbia


Hi, people! (no smiley because there can't be more than five smiles in single post, sorry)

This is how far Tablic has come. I will post screenshots instead of actual project, because it is not much useful now, but it will be soon, and then I'll upload demo.

http://i.imgur.com/96tByYP.png
This is opening screen, obviously. No need to explain much. Rules are rules of card game Tablic. As I've already said, I will add Instructions, or How to play, Statistics and Credits. I might also add explanation for every of these titles that will pop up when you move your mouse over it. In the bottom left corner will be Game Editor logo.

http://i.imgur.com/8xchglc.png
This is the game. As you can see, there are four players, but also there can be three or two players. In the middle is talon. In the beginning, there are four cards on talon. You shouldn't see opponent's cards and they will be turned downwards. Only cards you will see are your cards (six cards on the bottom) and cards on talon. I've draw cards in mspaint. There will be another one version, similar to standard cards ( http://www.jfitz.com/cards/classic-playing-cards.png ). It is easier to see on these cards what is their value, worth, or numeral.
White numbers you see won't be there. I use them to track some variables.
On the right side of every player's cards will be a deck when a player collects some cards. Cards will need some moving, because currently there's no enough space.
In the bottom left corner is a little menu. It is: Main menu, Options, Result/Cards, Exit, New Game and Pause. I'll probably change look of these icons, and probably remove some. I might add a drop-down menu.
There will be name and score of every player, too.

http://i.imgur.com/bm3yDtX.png
Options. Some of these things still don't have any influence on game, but that is just matter of implementing it into the game. There will be more options and a small field where will be explanation for every option. I will change card's backgrounds, make some by myself.
You will be able to set sound volume, music on/off, music volume, choose cards and are they going to arrange and change keyboard shortcuts.
What you see are default options.

These are rules, and I would appreciate if someone read them and points out mistakes:
http://i.imgur.com/yJlyAxG.png
http://i.imgur.com/QVsH1z1.png
http://i.imgur.com/dtpmhsp.png

Things I will add:
- keyboard shortcuts: exit, pause, options, main menu, new game, result, sound, animation,...
- when someone wins 101 points, it is game over. You will be able to adjust this limit.
- difficulty, or AI's strength; currently AI has simple algorithm, but doesn't play that bad
- one more set of cards
- of course I will change Properties, so it says Tablic, not Game Editor

Before I post demo, I will need to adjust some things in game and maybe change AI a little bit, so I'll probably post demo very soon.

If you already have some suggestions, please post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2015
2:53 PM (UTC+1)
Belgrade, Serbia


Hello, everyone! :D

I want to announce I have been working on a card game called Tablic for already three weeks. Some of you might already know that. It takes a lot more time than I thought it will. Like I am making Counter Strike, and not a simple card game. :lol: But partially, it took so much time because from time to time I am changing code, I draw cards myself in mspaint , and other smaller elements of the game, and there's always one more thing I want to add. But it doesn't matter, I enjoy working on Tablic thoroughly. A lot of work is ahead, but some important things have already been done. :)
Card game itself is almost playable. There are Options, too, and Rules. I am planing to add Instructions, Statistics, although I am not pretty sure what I am going to put there, and of course Credits.

I am impatient to introduce you Tablic and that's the reason why I am making this topic without even a demo, which will be ready very soon.
I will update the topic regularly. I would upload a screenshot, but the game is on my flash drive, which I forgot at home. :roll:

The game is very simple, but interesting. Basically, there are cards on talon (table) which you take using cards that have been gave to you. If one card from your hand has worth, or nominal, same as worth of one or more cards on talon, you take those cards. Also, if more cards from talon when summed give worth of your card, you can take them too. It is very popular in states of ex-Yugoslavia. However, you might know it under some other name.

I am looking forward to start uploading things. :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attachments
Tablic Early Demo source.zip
ged and data files
(503.32 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Tablic Early Demo.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Tablic Early Demo.PNG
Windows executable
Last edited by koala on Tue May 05, 2015 7:33 am, edited 14 times in total.
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 pm

koala wrote:Saturday, April 18, 2015
2:53 PM (UTC+1)
Belgrade, Serbia


Hello, everyone! :D

I want to announce I have been working on a card game called Tablic for already three weeks. Some of you might already know that. It takes a lot more time than I thought it will. Like I am making Counter Strike, and not a simple card game. :lol: But partially, it took so much time because from time to time I am changing code, I draw cards myself in mspaint , and other smaller elements of the game, and there's always one more thing I want to add. But it doesn't matter, I enjoy working on Tablic thoroughly. A lot of work is ahead, but some important things have already been done. :)
Card game itself is almost playable. There are Options, too, and Rules. I am planing to add Instructions, Statistics, although I am not pretty sure what I am going to put there, and of course Credits.

I am impatient to introduce you Tablic and that's the reason why I am making this topic without even a demo, which will be ready very soon.
I will update the topic regularly. I would upload a screenshot, but the game is on my flash drive, which I forgot at home. :roll:

The game is very simple, but interesting. Basically, there are cards on talon (table) which you take using cards that have been gave to you. If one card from your hand has worth, or nominal, same as worth of one or more cards on talon, you take those cards. Also, if more cards from talon when summed give worth of your card, you can take them too. It is very popular in states of ex-Yugoslavia. However, you might know it under some other name.

I am looking forward to start uploading things. :mrgreen:


I am one of those who already know about that.
It was a matter of time before you finally announce it.
So glad you did.

A few related things that will enhance your game (according to the little I know about your game)
  • Submit Highscore Online Tutorial
  • gE Multiplayer Is the next project I'll work on. And it'll take around a week or so to make it. You'll be able to play your card game multiplayer in real time.
  • When my project is released, I am sure it'll help and simplify lots of stuff. You can even draw your cards using it.

I personally never heard of that game before but who knows.. might become my favorite card game (after Yu-Gi-Oh XDDDD)
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:19 pm

bat78 wrote:I am one of those who already know about that.
Yes, you are. :D

bat78 wrote:A few related things that will enhance your game (according to the little I know about your game)
  • Submit Highscore Online Tutorial
  • gE Multiplayer Is the next project I'll work on. And it'll take around a week or so to make it. You'll be able to play your card game multiplayer in real time.
  • When my project is released, I am sure it'll help and simplify lots of stuff. You can even draw your cards using it.
Thank you. I've already read second topic, gE Multiplayer. It would be great if that gets finished, for all games, not just for Tablic. Your program can rotate pictures, right? Well, that would ease thing a lot.

bat78 wrote:I personally never heard of that game before but who knows.. might become my favorite card game (after Yu-Gi-Oh XDDDD)
:lol:
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Sounds like a promising card game Koala. Cool to hear you were able to create the graphics too. 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Zivouhr wrote:Sounds like a promising card game Koala. Cool to hear you were able to create the graphics too. 8)
Thanks, Zivouhr!
This one deck has large marks, or suits, or how do you call spades, hearts, diamonds and clubs, on it, and large numbers. It looks nice, but I want to make another one deck, similar to standard cards, where it is easier to notice what is the card's value.
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:09 pm

A new update is here, now you can see what Tablic is and what it looks like. :D :mrgreen:
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby bat78 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm

I would like to have suggestions.
But I am new to this game.
And new to this genre more or less.

I could not encounter any typo other than a missed comma at 1/3 Ln3
When there are tree players, they play
is advisable.

I like how does it looks.
I don't mind the icons. I think they fit.
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:58 pm

bat78 wrote:I would like to have suggestions.
But I am new to this game.
And new to this genre more or less.
No problem. :D Demo will introduce you to this game better.

bat78 wrote:I could not encounter any typo other than a missed comma at 1/3 Ln3
When there are tree players, they play
is advisable.
Thank you. Fixed. :D

bat78 wrote:I like how does it looks.
I don't mind the icons. I think they fit.
Thanks. So, icons are fine. I might then just draw them to look better, but keep the style.
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 pm

New update on changes done in Tablic. :D
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby Zivouhr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 am

Looks like a promising card game. Nice card graphics and I'll check out all of the details soon.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby Zivouhr » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:56 am

For options, will there be a mode to play against the computer as 1 player or will this be a multiplayer card game mostly? Thanks.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 am

Zivouhr wrote:For options, will there be a mode to play against the computer as 1 player or will this be a multiplayer card game mostly? Thanks.
There is already option to play against 1, 2, or 3 computer opponents. If there are 4 players total, then you can choose option to play in pair with computer on your right. Later, I'll add an option to play in pair with whichever computer player you want, although it will not matter that much, as they all play the same way. :D You're welcome. :D
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Some new features are added, which you can see in update. :D
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 am

Cool, that is good to hear, thanks! 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: Tablic

Postby koala » Tue May 05, 2015 12:56 am

Finally, the Early Demo is here! :D :mrgreen:
Phascolarctos cinereus
YouTube: Marko Radivojevic
Google+: Marko Radivojevic
User avatar
koala
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: Serbia
Score: 30 Give a positive score

Next

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron