Vicious Vehicles. 1.2 here and 1000 DOWNLOADS ON GAMEJOLT

Talk about making games.

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby bat78 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Too simple. Can't say its from the unique games in gE.
Too likey GTA. Don't use mspaint for graphics. Create your graphics by art or use GIMP. You can there visualize realistic graphics.
You make a lot of games but your skills aren't much imporved. That bores me. I expect something better.. finally.
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby MrJolteon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:13 pm

This game physically hurt me, but I guess since I said I'd review it, I guess I'll just have to do that.Image
Image
Image
  • It exists.
Image
  • At least you removed the much-hated ad.
Image
Image
  • I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until you learn:
    SHADING
  • The color combinations you've chosen are just painful to look at.
  • Your font selection baffles me. With that huge selection of fonts available at your disposal - most of them complete crap, but some gems - and thousands more available for free on the internet, how come you end up picking the same pixel-based font - that never fits in at all - every single time?
  • Don't
  • use
  • MS
  • Paint
Image
  • Well, my ears are bleeding now. I don't know whether that was caused by the audio, or when I cut them off with a slightly rusty knife to avoid hearing it any more.
Image
  • The game closes when you submit scores. Bad idea.
  • There should be three separate highscore lists for each difficulty.
  • Wow, those are some realistic physics. Cars should have collision boxes that do not span the entire view of the vehicle. Pedestrians should not fly back when hit by a car going in <40 kilometers per hour.i didn't actually do the math on this one
Image
  • This, and all your other games, are prime examples of why quantity < quality.

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage - 0.02439024390243902439024390243902/5 i did the math on this one Is it just me, or is the overall quality of your games - if there was any to begin with - decreasing?

I present to you the 2014 Golden Poo award for worst GE game ever [based on overall score given in my reviews].
Image
Join us on Discord!

Your local Community Janitor
User avatar
MrJolteon
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: Page 400 of the interblag
Score: 100 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 pm

MrJolteon wrote:This game physically hurt me, but I guess since I said I'd review it, I guess I'll just have to do that.Image
Image
Image
  • It exists.
Image
  • At least you removed the much-hated ad.
Image
Image
  • I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until you learn:
    SHADING
  • The color combinations you've chosen are just painful to look at.
  • Your font selection baffles me. With that huge selection of fonts available at your disposal - most of them complete crap, but some gems - and thousands more available for free on the internet, how come you end up picking the same pixel-based font - that never fits in at all - every single time?
  • Don't
  • use
  • MS
  • Paint
Image
  • Well, my ears are bleeding now. I don't know whether that was caused by the audio, or when I cut them off with a slightly rusty knife to avoid hearing it any more.
Image
  • The game closes when you submit scores. Bad idea.
  • There should be three separate highscore lists for each difficulty.
  • Wow, those are some realistic physics. Cars should have collision boxes that do not span the entire view of the vehicle. Pedestrians should not fly back when hit by a car going in <40 kilometers per hour.i didn't actually do the math on this one
Image
  • This, and all your other games, are prime examples of why quantity < quality.

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage - 0.02439024390243902439024390243902/5 i did the math on this one Is it just me, or is the overall quality of your games - if there was any to begin with - decreasing?

I present to you the 2014 Golden Poo award for worst GE game ever [based on overall score given in my reviews].
Image


Thanks for the review Jolteon. I don't why you would cut your ears off as all you have to do is close the game. I don't know how to use gimp.
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 pm

bat78 wrote:Too simple. Can't say its from the unique games in gE.
Too likey GTA. Don't use mspaint for graphics. Create your graphics by art or use GIMP. You can there visualize realistic graphics.
You make a lot of games but your skills aren't much imporved. That bores me. I expect something better.. finally.


Well I guess I can't please everyone. Thanks for replying though. :)
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Just keep updating this knuckle, as a matter of fact, I give you a challenge, to keep working and updating this for at least 2-3 more months before moving on. Trust me, while sometimes it may get boring, at the end of it, you will feel more proud of having one quality game, over many bad-mediocre games. All games start bad, it is up to the devs to fix them. I have faith in you, as you have already have done more than I have for GE. There has only been one long-term project of mine, and I have failed at even completing a 1.0 version of it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:Just keep updating this knuckle, as a matter of fact, I give you a challenge, to keep working and updating this for at least 2-3 more months before moving on. Trust me, while sometimes it may get boring, at the end of it, you will feel more proud of having one quality game, over many bad-mediocre games. All games start bad, it is up to the devs to fix them. I have faith in you, as you have already have done more than I have for GE. There has only been one long-term project of mine, and I have failed at even completing a 1.0 version of it.


Thanks for believing in me Night +1 I am planning on updating this for at least 6 more months. Image
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby Bee-Ant » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:20 am

digiot wrote:I was curious, to see the scrolling in action in the beginner version,
but it looks like in the first version, the intermediate and the pro version.

Since Bee-Ant is around here at the moment with a thread about smooth animations,
I took the chance to ask there, what may cause this problems.
Maybe, he is so kind to help here...

I've tried the game. And first of all, good job knucklecrunchgames! it's really fun :D
Anyway which problem do you mean?
I didn't notice anything.
Sure, it somehow lagged sometimes, and caused the animation to be not smooth. But it's due to my Ubuntu lacking the VGA driver.
I tried the Windows version and it's just good.
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 210 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby Bee-Ant » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:39 am

Wait a moment, since when everyone here became so mean? :?
Don't worry knucklecrunchgames, you don't need to listen to all of their criticsms. Especially concerning the graphics.
Art is all about sense, self-style. If no-shading thing is your style, go with it. If huge pixelated font is your style, go with it.
That's what make you separate yourself with others.
If you listen to them and do what they want without filtering, then everyone here will have the same art style. Which is bad, for me.
So, keep up the good work. And be unique. :D
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 210 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 am

Yeah, there always has to be someone that goes against what is expected and creates the new style. And yes Bee, GE has became a much more aggressive place, I am trying not to be so aggressive, sometimes I fail, but it is okay, I am everything, therefore it is allowed.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby bat78 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:27 am

Bee-Ant wrote:Wait a moment, since when everyone here became so mean? :?
Don't worry knucklecrunchgames, you don't need to listen to all of their criticsms. Especially concerning the graphics.
Art is all about sense, self-style. If no-shading thing is your style, go with it. If huge pixelated font is your style, go with it.
That's what make you separate yourself with others.
If you listen to them and do what they want without filtering, then everyone here will have the same art style. Which is bad, for me.
So, keep up the good work. And be unique. :D


Mean or honest? Bee-ant you realize that you are just not helping knuckle to improve himself like that. If you encourage him and he continues like that.. in stable age he'll be doing the same.. and any experienced programmer like you knows its not as good as you're describing it.
@Knucle.. don't complain, lot of users enjoy your games so you have enough motivation to continue. If any experienced programmer is critic about your games, just take it.. At your age thats fully understandable. I didn't had anyone to flatter my old idiotish games.. but now..
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby MrJolteon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:32 am

knucklecrunchgames wrote:I don't know how to use gimp.

GIMP isn't the only option you have.
Join us on Discord!

Your local Community Janitor
User avatar
MrJolteon
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: Page 400 of the interblag
Score: 100 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby bat78 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:54 am

MrJolteon wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:I don't know how to use gimp.

GIMP isn't the only option you have.


I didn't know how either. But GIMP >>>>>>>> Paint.net
GIMP is much more powerful.. only the fact it is gnu-based....
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby Bee-Ant » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:50 am

bat78 wrote:Mean or honest? Bee-ant you realize that you are just not helping knuckle to improve himself like that.

As far as I know, being honest is not always has to be done in a mean way.
Say, you don't like the blocky font, I would say "In my opinion, the font is kinda hard to read. You need a readable font to sucessfully pass the information to the user. Maybe this font is good for your game: <link to the font>"
It's way better than "Your font hurts my eyes. It's a complete crap".

bat78 wrote:If you encourage him and he continues like that.. in stable age he'll be doing the same..

That's my point. We shouldn't use aggresive way on unstable age of people, since they're easily down. Does it good for his mental development? no it's not.

bat78 wrote:and any experienced programmer like you knows its not as good as you're describing it.

Well to be honest according to my sense of art, there are several games that have worse graphic than this that's hosted in this forum.
User avatar
Bee-Ant
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Can bee found antywhere
Score: 210 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby bat78 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am

Bee-ant wrote:Well to be honest according to my sense of art, there are several games that have worse graphic than this that's hosted in this forum.

Its not me the one who said thats the worst game or graphics..

No, no thats totally not the "mental prepare" he needs. In any other place where the community is higher he'll receive much worse comments. Youtube, s/o, Game Jolt ..
If he is used to our lovely comments.. he might not be sad here.. but there. How egoistic isn't it.

Bee-Ant of course the kind way of being critic is appriciated but you are forgeting the point that knucle was conviced his games are best. He didn't want to hear of any criticism before. Do you really think people became "mean" exactly to knucle for no reason? Oh please..
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: Vicious Vehicles. 1.1 Now released

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:23 pm

@Offtopic: Oooh everyone fighting and I caused it again without lifting a finger :P

Back on topic.

@bee thanks for saying such kind words. I didn't find any problem with the scrolling. Only digiot found that problem. Maybe it has something to do with linux or his pc. And I will keep my style. Thanks for the words

@bat. I don't always crave people who say my work is great. I like negative so I can fix bugs and the game. Plus I am used to your lovely words, It mean't a lot to me. And to be honest. I could not give a damn about improving my graphics. They are a lot of games with terrible animations that make it big time. Eg. Doodle jump.
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron