My current project

Talk about making games.

Re: My current project

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 pm

lcl, I saw your post, and I would be willing to test this out. :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:51 am

NightOfHorror wrote:lcl, I saw your post, and I would be willing to test this out. :)

Hi NoH!

I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made during the whole summer. So, there's still really nothing to test.
I intend to continue working on this and on SABRE, but it isn't the time for that just now. I'm still having a break from most GE related things and I don't have the motivation and energy needed for working on this right now.
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby jonathang » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm

lcl wrote:
NightOfHorror wrote:lcl, I saw your post, and I would be willing to test this out. :)

Hi NoH!

I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made during the whole summer. So, there's still really nothing to test.
I intend to continue working on this and on SABRE, but it isn't the time for that just now. I'm still having a break from most GE related things and I don't have the motivation and energy needed for working on this right now.

To be frank, I never pop around the forums much either, but don't get me wrong, I'm still working on my game with progress everyday... (Last upload was stage 4, now it's in the final stage, stage 10.)
Many people still care about your game lcl unlike mine.... Plus, it looks a million times better than mine! I have university next year so I'm really busy at the moment, ask Jolt.. You had summer... I long for a holiday... Hope you'll have the motivation working on it soon, coz I don't see why you can't get motivation! Sure we get drama in the forums, but how does that stop game making? You can do it lcl! :D
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
User avatar
jonathang
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: In front of my computer.
Score: 37 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby NightOfHorror » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Oh, well when you do have something for me to test out, just pm me lcl, or well of course, post in this topic. :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby bat78 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 pm

jonathang wrote:
lcl wrote:
NightOfHorror wrote:lcl, I saw your post, and I would be willing to test this out. :)

Hi NoH!

I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made during the whole summer. So, there's still really nothing to test.
I intend to continue working on this and on SABRE, but it isn't the time for that just now. I'm still having a break from most GE related things and I don't have the motivation and energy needed for working on this right now.

To be frank, I never pop around the forums much either, but don't get me wrong, I'm still working on my game with progress everyday... (Last upload was stage 4, now it's in the final stage, stage 10.)
Many people still care about your game lcl unlike mine.... Plus, it looks a million times better than mine! I have university next year so I'm really busy at the moment, ask Jolt.. You had summer... I long for a holiday... Hope you'll have the motivation working on it soon, coz I don't see why you can't get motivation! Sure we get drama in the forums, but how does that stop game making? You can do it lcl! :D


Very nice said Jonathan!
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:25 pm

jonathang wrote:You had summer... I long for a holiday... Hope you'll have the motivation working on it soon, coz I don't see why you can't get motivation! Sure we get drama in the forums, but how does that stop game making? You can do it lcl! :D

I understand how it can be difficult for other people to see why I can't get motivation. But the thing is, that problem isn't limited to GE-stuff. I'm not motivated to do anything right now, and I think some of it is because I've been without school and without work for so long, that my life has started to seem pointless. I'm way too tired to get my head to function properly for something that requires intensive thinking. I just hope that when my studies begin and I get to have something to do with my life, (and also get to eat some real food every day xD) the things will get better. I've been depressed before, and while I'm not saying I'm depressed currently, I may be currently heading towards that again. I just hope not to end up there again.
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:59 pm

lcl wrote:I understand how it can be difficult for other people to see why I can't get motivation. But the thing is, that problem isn't limited to GE-stuff. I'm not motivated to do anything right now, and I think some of it is because I've been without school and without work for so long, that my life has started to seem pointless. I'm way too tired to get my head to function properly for something that requires intensive thinking. I just hope that when my studies begin and I get to have something to do with my life, (and also get to eat some real food every day xD) the things will get better. I've been depressed before, and while I'm not saying I'm depressed currently, I may be currently heading towards that again. I just hope not to end up there again.


I know how you feel. I always tell myself to work on my game, but other things distract you and you think of all the hard time consuming codes that makes you close gameEditor.exe
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:07 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:I know how you feel. I always tell myself to work on my game, but other things distract you and you think of all the hard time consuming codes that makes you close gameEditor.exe

Sorry, kcg, but no, that's not how I feel. I love coding, I love the challenge, I love thinking about coding. And I have serious trouble closing GE when I'm facing a difficult problem, because I'm so eager to get it right. :D
But the thing is that I'm not in a condition for any of that now.
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:24 pm

lcl wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:I know how you feel. I always tell myself to work on my game, but other things distract you and you think of all the hard time consuming codes that makes you close gameEditor.exe

Sorry, kcg, but no, that's not how I feel. I love coding, I love the challenge, I love thinking about coding. And I have serious trouble closing GE when I'm facing a difficult problem, because I'm so eager to get it right. :D
But the thing is that I'm not in a condition for any of that now.


Oh sorry lcl.
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby bat78 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:17 pm

lcl wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:I know how you feel. I always tell myself to work on my game, but other things distract you and you think of all the hard time consuming codes that makes you close gameEditor.exe

Sorry, kcg, but no, that's not how I feel. I love coding, I love the challenge, I love thinking about coding. And I have serious trouble closing GE when I'm facing a difficult problem, because I'm so eager to get it right. :D
But the thing is that I'm not in a condition for any of that now.


I tried closing gE once... Microsoft Windows says no.
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:44 pm

bat78 wrote:
lcl wrote:
knucklecrunchgames wrote:I know how you feel. I always tell myself to work on my game, but other things distract you and you think of all the hard time consuming codes that makes you close gameEditor.exe

Sorry, kcg, but no, that's not how I feel. I love coding, I love the challenge, I love thinking about coding. And I have serious trouble closing GE when I'm facing a difficult problem, because I'm so eager to get it right. :D
But the thing is that I'm not in a condition for any of that now.


I tried closing gE once... Microsoft Windows says no.


lol :D Your pc loves GE too much!
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:21 pm

lcl, I do understand depression, and how sometimes you contemplate why you are still living, if you have an actual meaning. Well I am hear to tell you that you have a special meaning for the GE community, you are hear to inspire us with your kind critique, your desire challenge yourself to make GE look good, and most of all for us, your desire to challenge us to improve for the good of GE. I have no idea how your life outside of GE is, but I feel like the best thing to do is to maybe either take a few steps to challenge what seems to be a growing depressing through counseling, tell your family, tell your pastor as I know you believe in Christ, and then maybe occasionally just do the little things that make people feel better about that day, and if not, at least hopefully that minute. Every nice thing you do to make another feel good about life does show that you have a meaning to life. Maybe you should think of everything you have done in your life that makes others feel stronger about what they are doing. Work and school are not everything in life, and perhaps you can use GE as an outlet for "work." Perhaps go back to the basics, make a Pong game, and then tweak it a bit with creativity, and then tweak it some more the next day. Keep tweaking it until you feel it is advanced, and then move on to another thing, perhaps you can release it for GE to see how it is done, and you can continue working on your tutorials.

Again, depression is a sinking hole that only gets bigger, so while you are not depressed, make sure you are still active. A person who is at rest stays at rest, but a person in motion stays in motion as long as no force is acted upon them to make the go to resting-state. Use some force on your, as it seems, resting state, to propel you into some motion.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby bat78 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey Lassi,
So far, we have been discussing stuff rather like teammates but as a friends.
Behind that of me.. there is a person who have been dealing with irl stuff as well. I wasn't even born happy.. i had to fix my entire life because fixing one problem by another would take my life, the problems were just falling, there were thousands! Then is the time you have to say stop to yourself.. and think a bit.. what would make you happy? What are you up to do for it? Are you really that bad considering all of your talents.. Musical, Scripting.. see i am no one but i know for two already.

Even if not external, willfully or consciously ..you are smart person. Programmers are aways smart, because of the logic they have gained. (Don't try to convince me for the opposite).
Sometimes we are only finding excuses to justify our lack of efforts to make our life better.. sometimes we are tired of their attempts.. that doesn't really matter. What matters is that anything has its own fix and you just have to find it just the same as finding the way of how to fix those weird light appearances on the wall.

What i have wrote is not as much individual but universal.. So it is more like a tactic instead of fixing your life complications. I don't know them to do so. But if i knew.. i would surely help. You have me as a friend, you better know that. = )
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby Zivouhr » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Lcl, this looks very promising for a 3D game using the 2D Game Editor. Looking forward to your progress on this new game!! 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Zivouhr
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm
Score: 58 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Zivouhr wrote:Lcl, this looks very promising for a 3D game using the 2D Game Editor. Looking forward to your progress on this new game!! 8)

Thanks! :)

Currently this project is on hold, as I'm concentrating on SABRE itself. SABRE is now my number one priority, and after I've finished it, I'll finish this game as an example of how one should use SABRE to make a game and also as something like a tech demo of what SABRE is capable of.

So, keep checking the official SABRE topic every now and then, I'll be posting updates about the progress on the engine itself. But don't worry, this game is right after SABRE itself on my work list GE-wise. 8)

(p.s. sorry if the caps lock on sabre's name irritates someone xD I just want to underline the fact that the name is an acronym :lol: )
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron