My current project

Talk about making games.

Re: My current project

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:11 am

lcl wrote:I meant that the coloring seems to have been done in a cel-shaded style. :D

Ah.
Join us on Discord!

Your local Community Janitor
User avatar
MrJolteon
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: Page 400 of the interblag
Score: 100 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby jonathang » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am

lcl wrote:Uh, I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made in last two weeks. Mainly because I've been away from home.
And now that I'm home I'm of course sick and thus unable to concentrate on programming. :roll:

It's alright. Just progress the game when you have time. :)
MrJolteon wrote:Sure, 3D makes a hell of a difference, but still.

3D Is why I thought it looked better. Then again, not saying anything about the gameplay. Anyway, both games are very different from the 2D-3D concept, so I guess I underestimated Submachine, but I didn't overestimate lcl's game! :lol:
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
User avatar
jonathang
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: In front of my computer.
Score: 37 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

jonathang wrote:
lcl wrote:Uh, I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made in last two weeks. Mainly because I've been away from home.
And now that I'm home I'm of course sick and thus unable to concentrate on programming. :roll:

It's alright. Just progress the game when you have time. :)

Well, while I've not been able to program, I've still done something.
Here's a logo for Sabre 2.0, this will be shown in the game and will also be given to users of Sabre 2.0 so that if they want, they can add it to their games, too.

Image

The logo started out as an ASCII art piece, which I then screenshotted and pasted into Inkscape and then modified to a real vector-graphics logo. :D
During the process I almost lost my work because I hadn't saved the project and Inkscape crashed. But God bless Inkscape and it's creators for making that life-saving auto-save-when-program-crashes feature! My project was safely stored into my user folder and everything I had done was saved and I was able to continue my work. This is one more reason for me to recommend Inkscape to everyone!

Here's the original ASCII art version:
Code: Select all
      ______  __  _____   ____  ______
     / ____/ /  ||  _  | |  _  \\  ___\
    / /__   /   || |_/ / | |_/ /| |__
    \_   \ / /| ||  _  \ |  _  \|  __|
  ____/  //  _  || |_\  || | \  \\ \_____
 /______/ \_/ |_||______||_|  \__|\_______\
 ------[ V  E  R  S  I  O  N    2.0 ]------
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby jonathang » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 am

lcl wrote:
jonathang wrote:
lcl wrote:Uh, I'm sorry to say this, but there has been no progress made in last two weeks. Mainly because I've been away from home.
And now that I'm home I'm of course sick and thus unable to concentrate on programming. :roll:

It's alright. Just progress the game when you have time. :)

Well, while I've not been able to program, I've still done something.
Here's a logo for Sabre 2.0, this will be shown in the game and will also be given to users of Sabre 2.0 so that if they want, they can add it to their games, too.

Image

The logo started out as an ASCII art piece, which I then screenshotted and pasted into Inkscape and then modified to a real vector-graphics logo. :D
During the process I almost lost my work because I hadn't saved the project and Inkscape crashed. But God bless Inkscape and it's creators for making that life-saving auto-save-when-program-crashes feature! My project was safely stored into my user folder and everything I had done was saved and I was able to continue my work. This is one more reason for me to recommend Inkscape to everyone!

Here's the original ASCII art version:
Code: Select all
      ______  __  _____   ____  ______
     / ____/ /  ||  _  | |  _  \\  ___\
    / /__   /   || |_/ / | |_/ /| |__
    \_   \ / /| ||  _  \ |  _  \|  __|
  ____/  //  _  || |_\  || | \  \\ \_____
 /______/ \_/ |_||______||_|  \__|\_______\
 ------[ V  E  R  S  I  O  N    2.0 ]------


Cool logo!!! It's good to see you still doing something. xD
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
User avatar
jonathang
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: In front of my computer.
Score: 37 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Fri May 09, 2014 11:45 pm

!Updates!

Someone wrote:Where? I don't see any updates.. :?

And I, as for an answer, wrote:Not here, in the first post. :D
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby Hblade » Sat May 10, 2014 12:32 am

This is extremely impressive, the lighting feature and... wow dude :D
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
User avatar
Hblade
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 pm
Score: 180 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby Jagmaster » Sat May 10, 2014 12:32 am

Cool, I like the lighting effects. About those artifacts on the light, it almost looks like the actor strips are being drawn on top of each other perhaps?

But still, it's pretty cool (translation - freak'n awesome).

It's also neat to see the progress on the 3d sprites. :)
As for the chair, it probably wouldn't look too bad if it was lower to the ground maybe?
Idk, the rotation for sprites in old games always seems awkward (some of them probably had 4 degrees of rotation.) but it wasn't that bad, because they were usually enemies that were trying to face you anyway.

The sprite also seemed to be tilted forward to much as well maybe that would help.

Anywho, keep it up.
User avatar
Jagmaster
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:14 pm
Location: Not where you think.
Score: 82 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby bat78 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:02 am

It seems like our lcl can handle with everything? ^^
"Give someone hope, and you'll be impressed in what he is capable of." ...aaand lcl is the proof.
You already have done a lot, so don't give up xP
Enough with this, it looks like indulgence.

If my negative opinion is expected, i could be really critic.
The problem is that lcl already know about any of the problems/disadvanages of the engine, and the only things he can accept is ideas or paying attention to people's complain (if there are any) ..And that until he appoint / hire / CBTs.

The last time he were working on S.A.B.R.E and i was witness in.. was yesterday :D and he had some particualr complications according to the light, when the distance player-litwalls going less. Of course.. such weird things are expected in something already impossible for a lot of people. XD
Also lcl.. don't worry about the graphics.. they are even better then minecraft's which we all know is very entertaining game. The important is the functionallity and the look in structure point of view.. which is really 3D ;)
bat78 - Ale
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Sun May 11, 2014 1:10 am

Hblade wrote:This is extremely impressive, the lighting feature and... wow dude :D

Thanks a lot Hblade!

Jagmaster wrote:About those artifacts on the light, it almost looks like the actor strips are being drawn on top of each other perhaps?

Yeah, you're correct, that's causing the ugly color problem. Should be an easy fix.
Jagmaster wrote:It's also neat to see the progress on the 3d sprites. :)
As for the chair, it probably wouldn't look too bad if it was lower to the ground maybe?
Idk, the rotation for sprites in old games always seems awkward (some of them probably had 4 degrees of rotation.) but it wasn't that bad, because they were usually enemies that were trying to face you anyway.

The sprite also seemed to be tilted forward to much as well maybe that would help.

Yeah, I already tried lowering the chair a bit, and it looked better, but the angle's still off, just like you said, it's tilted forward a little too much.
And yeah, I returned it back to floating in the air because I thought it looked funny and my friend wasn't able to render the chair again from a better angle at that time.

bat78 wrote:If my negative opinion is expected, i could be really critic.

I would like to hear your criticism. There might be a bug or a thing that doesn't look good which I haven't noticed myself.
bat78 wrote:And that until he appoint / hire / CBTs.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with this. Could you clarify?

bat78 wrote:Also lcl.. don't worry about the graphics.. they are even better then minecraft's which we all know is very entertaining game. The important is the functionallity and the look in structure point of view.. which is really 3D ;)

Haha, yeah :)
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby bat78 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 am

lcl wrote:
bat78 wrote:And that until he appoint / hire / CBTs.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with this. Could you clarify?


And that until you get someone as a closet beta tester for SABRE.
Future of "Project Game-Editor Revival" here
User avatar
bat78
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Score: 83 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Tue May 13, 2014 1:15 am

Added One thing to the first post.

For those of you too lazy to jump to the topic's first page, the One thing is this:
I wrote:When I get this game finished, I will publish its source code free for everyone to look at and experiment with. All the game data (graphics, sounds, musics, etc.) will also be free for everyone to use.
The reason for this is that by the time this game is published, Sabre 2.0 should also be ready or at least very close to being released, and I want to help people get started with making games with it. By sharing this game's source code I give you a complete example of how to make a game using the features Sabre provides. And by giving away the graphics and sounds for free I give you something to work with - it's difficult to make a game without graphics, right?
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed May 14, 2014 7:26 pm

This is cool.
User avatar
knucklecrunchgames
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: In gameEditor.exe
Score: 17 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 pm

knucklecrunchgames wrote:This is cool.

Haha, thanks! :D
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:24 am

I was just wondering about this project, where it is at in the catalog of your mind lcl?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
User avatar
NightOfHorror
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Cedar Hill, MO, of the USA
Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: My current project

Postby lcl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:I was just wondering about this project, where it is at in the catalog of your mind lcl?

Hello NightOfHorror.

This project and Sabre are still my main priorities GE-wise. I'm just currently having a break of most GE related things, as my signature says. There are a few reasons to this, and one is that I've once again managed to gather myself too much things to do, both in real life and in here, GE community. Other reasons have to do with some IRL stuff.

Btw:

Post number 1901,
2000, here I come.

(Read: Post number nineteen-o-one, two thousand, here I come.)
SABRE (semi-3D engine) official development topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12644
A game project that utilizes SABRE: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13297
User avatar
lcl
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: Finland
Score: 265 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest