Pixel Art Practice

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Pixel Art Practice

Postby pyrometal » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:30 am

Hi everyone,

Super old user here returning from the grave, even if just for a short while :P. I swear visiting these forums feels like taking a trip back in time, lol.

Anyway, thought some of you might benefit from practicing your pixel art skills for your games! You should check out pixeljoint, its a great community with a lot of amazing pixel artists.

It helped me quite a bit actually! Below are some of my latest works :) I've come a long way since my days in these forums.

Now that my art skills are on par with my programming skills, I'm starting to take a much more serious look at producing a full lenght quality game.

Anyway, felt like I owed you guys an update. This place is where my game development adventures began after all :)
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Score: 86 Give a positive score

Re: Pixel Art Practice

Postby Turon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Wow that pixel art looks awesome! The colors and shading are bright and full of contrast. On a side note bowsers fire doesn't quite look right, you appear to have done a lot of pillow shading on the flame though I don't know how it was supposed to look. Other than that your pixel art has improved remarkably over the last couple of years, good job and keep it up!
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby pyrometal » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks Turon :) Are you still hanging around Pixel Joint at all?
SPRITE WARRIOR:
Free, open-source & crossplatform pixel art editor (currently under construction).
pyrometal

Postby Turon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm around infrequently though lately I haven't been that active as I've been more preoccupied with the coding aspect of game dev (I kinda suck btw) I do come round now and then to see the latest pixel art. I've been slowly putting together a mockup of a stage in my game, when It looks sort of complete I'll see what they think of it.
By the way I've just seen your topic on pixeljoint.
Turon

Postby pyrometal » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Which one, lol? The Vic Viper?
SPRITE WARRIOR:
pyrometal

Postby Turon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:19 pm

The one with Bowser. I'll look around when I get the moment.
Turon

Return to GE - General